- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup monk fruit (or sugar)
- 1/3 cup avocado oil (olive oil or coconut)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 6oz plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup cashew milk (or any milk)
- 6 figs, sliced
- 6oz. plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp monk fruit or sugar
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut (a little extra for dusting)
- 2 figs, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8” cake pan with nonstick spray.
- Add dry ingredients (flours, baking powder and salt) in a medium bowl. Set to the side.
- In another bowl mix together the sugar and oil until well blended. Add eggs, yogurt and milk and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Pour batter into cake pan and smooth top. Scatter sliced figs on top of the cake and gently press down so they sit tight in the cake.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes, until lightly golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan and place on wire rack to continue to cool.
- Prepare topping: stir together sweetener, shredded coconut and yogurt. Spread yogurt on top of the cake and top it off with sliced figs and dash of shredded coconut.