Not sure what to have for dinner?!?! I got you covered with these super easy to make salsa verde chicken enchiladas. Filled with all the good stuff including shredded chicken, cheddar cheese , greek yogurt, cilantro, garlic and the star of the show is the salsa verde. I used Trader Joe’s salsa verde and it did not disappoint, so flavorful and tangy!
I even snuck in some fiber without compromising the dish. Artichoke Hearts!! Yep that’s right… a little prebiotic to the mix so while you’re making your tummy happy you’re also feeding all the good bacteria in the gut too! Recipe below.
Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp or 3 bulbs garlic (chopped)
- 1 14oz can artichoke hearts (chopped)
- 2 cups shredded chicken (cooked)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded – 1/2 cup for filling, 1/2 cup for enchilada, 1/2 cup for topping)
- 2 12oz Trader Joes Salsa Verde
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 10 tortillas of choice
- 1 jalapeño (sliced)
- 2 scallions (sliced)
- fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan on medium heat. Add in garlic and cook for about one minute. Do not burn the garlic.
- Add in chopped artichoke hearts and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Next add in cooked shredded chicken, plain yogurt, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, cilantro and 2 cups of the salsa verde. Mix until well combined. Add some salt to your liking. Turn off heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of the remaining salsa verde and spread onto a baking dish.
- Divide the chicken filling between the 10 tortillas, sprinkle a little more cheese on top of the filling and roll. Repeat, lining up tortillas, seam-side down in the dish.
- Spread the remaining salsa verde over the enchiladas and sprinkle remaining cheese. Top off with jalapeños.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil, top with green onions and cilantro, broil for about 2-3 minutes.
- Let cool for about five minutes.
- Serve with sliced avocado.
I used Trader Joe’s tortillas that were 6.5″ diameter.
Save any leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator for about 5 days.