Say hello to these Pillowy Soft Sourdough Sugar Cookies!! Soft and chewy in the middle and crispy on the outside.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temp
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sourdough starter or discard
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup inulin powder, optional
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Make Cookie Batter:
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl cream butter, brown and cane sugar, vanilla and eggs together.
- Stir in sourdough starter and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together all the dry ingredients and blend well. (baking powder, baking soda, salt, flour and inulin)
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet and mix until well combined. Don’t over mix the batter so that you will get a thick chewy cookie.
- Set batter in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar topping and set to the side.
- Scoop out cookies with an ice cream scooper or spoon and drop cookie ball onto a baking sheet. Do not flatten cookies as they will flatten during baking.
- Sprinkle sugar & cinnamon mixture on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
Batter makes about 18 large or 36 medium size cookies.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 14
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven