Dinner is served. This one pot paella is super simple to make with minimal ingredients and yet so savory that anyone eating this would think you slaved for days preparing this dish.
The star ingredients are the chicken sausage, shrimp, peas and quinoa; and nicely rounded out with the vibrant smoked paprika. Looks intimidating to make but I promise you it’s so easy! Get the recipe below.Print
One Pot Paella
This simple and savory dish is the perfect meal for a crowd. Packed with healthy fats, protein and carbs/fiber to keep you satisfied until your next meal.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1–2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 2 tbsp garlic (minced)
- 2 cups broth
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 2 cups peas (frozen)
- 2 bell peppers (sliced)
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 package chicken sausage (chopped)
- 1/2 lb shrimp (frozen or fresh)
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in pan on medium heat and add diced onions. Saute until translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic, broth, diced tomatoes, peppers, paprika and juice of 1 lemon. Stir.
- Add salt and pepper to you liking, cover with lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add quinoa and reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until quinoa is cooked.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, add peas, shrimp and chicken sausage. Cover and let cook for about 10 minutes, until shrimp is pink and peas are tender.
Store remaining in an air tight container.