As we age, our skin goes through some changes, including fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging. But don’t worry, incorporating protein into your diet can help maintain healthy aging skin! Protein is essential for skin health because it provides the building blocks for collagen and elastin, which help keep your skin taut, smooth, and wrinkle-free.
Plus, protein helps maintain skin hydration, which can prevent dry, flaky, and dull skin. So, if you want to keep your skin looking youthful and radiant, make sure to include protein-rich foods in your diet, like these high-protein pancakes made with delicious ingredients such as vanilla protein powder, banana, and eggs.
Here are some of the benefits of high-protein pancakes:
- Helps Build and Repair Muscles: Protein is an essential macronutrient that is necessary for building and repairing muscles. High-protein pancakes provide a good amount of protein, which can help repair and rebuild muscles after exercise.
- Promotes Satiety: Protein is known to be more filling than carbohydrates or fats. Eating high-protein pancakes can help keep you feeling fuller for longer, reducing the likelihood of snacking on unhealthy foods later in the day.
- Helps with Weight Loss: High protein pancakes can be a great addition to a weight loss diet as they can help reduce appetite and promote a feeling of fullness, making it easier to stick to a calorie-controlled diet.
- Provides Energy: Protein is an excellent source of energy and can help keep you feeling energized throughout the day. High protein pancakes can provide the necessary energy to fuel your day.
- Convenient and Easy to Prepare: High-protein pancakes are easy to make and can be a convenient on-the-go breakfast option.
Overall, high-protein pancakes are a healthy and delicious way to add more protein to your diet, providing numerous benefits for overall health and fitness.
High Protein Pancakes to Maintain Healthy Aging Skin
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- 1-2 scoops of vanilla protein powder depending on the size of your scoops
- 1. Mash the banana in a medium-sized mixing bowl then mix in the eggs and protein powder. Blend until smooth.
- 3. Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium-high heat with a little butter
- 4. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the skillet,
- 5. Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- 6. Serve the pancakes with toppings of choice including: tahini, maple syrup, coconut yogurt and a few slices of balance.