Flakey baked salmon fillet with asparagus and broccoli baked together on a one sheet pan for a quick and easy dinner. Served over a bed of quinoa making this a complete and healthy meal.
- 2 salmon fillets, fresh or thawed if frozen (4–6 oz. each)
- 4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon coconut aminos (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (1 tablespoon fresh thyme)
- salt and black pepper
- 1.5 cup broccoli, chopped
- 6–9 medium spears of asparagus
- 1/2 lemon
- 1.5 cup quinoa, cooked
- Preheat oven to 400F | 200°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the broccoli and asparagus on the baking sheet with 2 teaspoons of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Spread out evenly leaving room for the salmon fillets.
- Coat top and bottom of salmon fillets with the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil and transfer to the baking sheet skin side down.
- Drizzle the coconut aminos on top of the fillets and season with dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes or until the center is opaque in color and flakey when touched.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven and set to the side to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve salmon and veggies over a bed of quinoa.
- Top it off with a fresh squeeze of lemon juice.
- Cooked salmon can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Quinoa can be swapped out for brown rice or even cauliflower rice for those wanting a low carbohydrate.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 12
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy oven baked salmon