With everything going on I wanted to make something that warms my heart and belly. This is definitely a favorite comfort snack in our household. Spread a spoonful of nut butter and dig in.
Using an all purpose gluten free flour and not because I’m gluten free. I chose this particular flour because the ingredients are clean including garbanzo flour, potato starch, fava bean flour to name a few which makes it a good source of fiber and tons of nutrients. I tend to stay away from using refined white flour due to being highly processed and stripped away of its nutrients value.
Now to be clear this is not a gluten free recipe, I also added organic wheat bran which contains gluten but also contains a good amount of fiber and nutrients.
The ingredients are flexible, feel free to use any flour you desire. Another swap can be a nut butter instead of butter.
Coconut sugar was used to make this refined sugar free but remember coconut sugar is still a sugar so if you need to watch your blood sugar level I would suggest using monk fruit.
Total recipe contains a good amount of protein, healthy fats and carbs/fiber. All three food groups so this is what I like to call balance. #keepitsimplePrint
Gooey Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This recipe is a crowd pleaser with its gooey chocolate chips and sweetened with banana and coconut sugar.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Category: Snack
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/3 cup organic wheat bran (Shiloh Farms)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (Madhava)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup mashed banana (2–3 medium)
- 1/2 cup Kerry Gold salted butter
- 1 cup Lily’s dark chocolate chips (3/4 cup for batter, 1/4 cup for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees
- Grease a 5”x9” loaf pan (I used avocado spray)
- In large bowl add flour, wheat bran, baking powder and mix.
- In separate bowl whisk eggs, coconut sugar and vanilla together. Stir in mashed banana and melted butter until well blended.
- Stir in banana mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of chocolate chips. Pour batter into greased loaf pan, sprinkle the remaining chips on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick is inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Smear a spoonful of nut butter and dig in.
Store bread in an air tight container or wrap in plastic wrap.
You can also store in the fridge to last even longer.
For transparency, I listed the brands that were used in this recipe. #notsponsored