Easy roasted artichokes can either be served as an appetizer with a tasty creamy dipping sauce or as a side dish with your favorite steak.
- 2 medium artichoke, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning, dried
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven 400F degree.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With a knife trim off the stem and 1/2″ top of the artichoke globe, the leaves.
- Cut artichoke in half down the middle
- Scoop out the choke, fuzzy part in the middle and discard.
- Brush olive oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Place on sheet cut side up.
- Fill the inside of the artichoke with garlic and herbs, add lemon juice on top.
- Roast for 30- 40 minutes until nicely browned. The leaves should pull easily and the meat tender.
- Serve as a side dish with lemon and any tasty dip of choice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted artichoke