Butternut Squash Soup
This creamy bowl of butternut squash soup is a perfect lunch on a fall crisp day. Serve with sourdough bread and a simple green salad and you have yourself a balanced meal that will keep you full for hours.
- Author: Melissa
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Soup
- 1lb. carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, sliced
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 4 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 can coconut milk
- Pumpkin seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the butternut squash, apples, onions and carrots on the baking sheet, drizzle olive oil to lightly coat and sprinkle a dash of salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 30-35 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a blender.
- Add broth, coconut milk, pumpkin spice and dash of salt and pepper.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy. You may need to add more broth depending on desired consistency.
- Top it off with olive oil, cream of choice, parsley and pumpkin seeds.
- Soup can be stored in an air tight container for up to five days.
Keywords: butternut squash soup