Are you a fan of a cookie skillet? I am just because of the ease of popping it into the skillet and off the way it goes into the oven. Now don’t get me wrong, I love a good ole chocolate chip cookie but every now and then a slice of cookie is just as good.
An addition to the chocolate chip batter I added pecans for crunch, texture and healthy fats. The two together are the best combo of sweet and savory.
These cookies are also gluten free made with Bod’s Red Mill gluten free flour and refined sugar free. I sweetened the batter with monk fruit & apple sauce plus I used Lily’s chocolate chips, so no refined sugars over here. Just the good stuff!! Get the recipe below.
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Skillet
Chocolate chip pecan cookie made in a skillet! This cookie skillet is sweet and savory that you won’t be able to stop eating. It’s that good.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup monk fruit or any sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips (3/4 cup for batter, 1/4 cup topping)
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 10-inch cast iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the wet ingredients (eggs, vanilla, apple sauce, coconut oil) with the monk fruit and blend until well combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. (salt, baking soda, cinnamon, gluten free flour)
- Add half of the dry ingredients mixture to your wet ingredients and blend. Add remaining dry ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips and chopped pecans. Mix until chocolate and pecans are spread throughout.
- Transfer cookie dough to skillet and spread evenly. Top if off with the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes, or until edges are brown and cookie is just about done. It will finish baking as it cools.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and serve.
Do you have a favorite chocolate chip cookie skillet recipe? Please share in the comments.