Sharing a Birthday Cake White Chocolate Mousse that is made with only three ingredients and has the most decadent rich taste. It’s a special treat to serve for any special occasion or just because.
This birthday cake white chocolate mousse is thick and creamy that can be whipped up in minutes, set in the fridge to chill and topped off with sprinkles and fruit for a festive elegant treat.
I am such a huge fan of mousse but most of the recipes are way too time consuming for me. I want something quick and easy so this recipe was created and did not disappoint.
Birthday Cake White Chocolate Mouse Ingredients
Just three ingredients needed for this recipe:
- lily’s birthday cake white chocolate
- coconut oil
- heavy whipping cream
That’s it, eggs or gelatin are not required for this recipe and you will still get that creamy, light and airy texture.
For this recipe I used Lily’s Birthday Cake White Chocolate and it contained just the right amount of sweetness so adding additional sugar was not necessary. What I like about this white chocolate is that it’s naturally sweetened, no added sugar, low in carbs, keto friendly and gluten free.
Feel free to omit the coconut oil but I found that it helps with the texture of the white chocolate as it melts. A lit bit of oil will help it melt more smoothly and create a softer consistency as the chocolate sets.
Make sure to use refined coconut oil as it has a neutral scent and flavor so you won’t even taste it. I love coconut flavor but for this treat I prefer the refined coconut oil.
How to Make Easy Birthday Cake White Chocolate Mouse
Preparing this mousse is super easy and you do not need any fancy equipment.
To get started heat about 2 cups of water in a double boiler or set up your own version like I did with a saucepan and a glass bowl.
Add the water to the saucepan and place the glass bowl on top. Make sure that the water is not touching the bottom of the bowl. The indirect heat will prevent the chocolate from burning. Bring the water to a simmer.
Add the white chocolate and coconut oil to the bowl and gently stir as it melts. Once the chocolate has melted remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
As the chocolate cools whip up the heavy whipping cream with a whisk, hand held or stand mixer. (I used a whisk and took me about 7 minutes) Again, no fancy equipment needed. Place the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl and whisk until stiff peaks are formed.
Use a rubber spatula and fold half of the whipped cream into the cooled birthday cake white chocolate and blend until well combined. Gently fold in the second half of the whipped cream and blend well.
Divide the birthday cake white chocolate mouse between serving glasses or bowls and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Top each off with sprinkles, white chocolate shavings and berries.
Other Ways to Enjoy Birthday Cake White Chocolate Mousse
Not only is this mousse good on its own as a dessert but you can also add this mousse as a topping or filling on cupcakes, cake or even a tart and just about any baked goods.
I personally like to add a dollop of this birthday cake white chocolate mousse to my morning bowl of oats. Say what??
Yep, adding a spoonful will give your bowl of oats or even chia seed pudding the perfect amount of sweetness along with your other toppings. Give it try the next time you’re having oats for breakfast.
Birthday Cake White Chocolate Mousse
A super easy and decadent rich birthday cake white chocolate mousse that can be whipped up in minutes with only three ingredients for a special treat.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 (2.8oz) Lily’s Birthday Cake White Chocolate bar
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1.5 cup heaving whipping cream
- toppings: sprinkles, white chocolate shavings, strawberries (optional)
- Heat up 2 cups water in a saucepan (or double boiler) on medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Place a large glass bowl over the saucepan making sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl. The indirect heat will melt down the chocolate without burning it.
- Place the birthday cake white chocolate and coconut oil in the glass bowl, stir as the chocolate melts.
- Once the chocolate has melted remove from heat and allow to cool down to room temperature.
- In separate bowl add the whipping cream. Using a whisk, hand-held or stand mixer beat the cream until stiff peaks are formed.
- Gently fold in half of the whipped cream into the cooled melted white chocolate with a rubber spatula. Fold in the remaining whipped cream and blend until well combined.
- Divide white chocolate mousse into four separate serving bowls or glasses.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about two hours or overnight. If you choose to chill overnight take out of the fridge 30 minutes before serving so that it is creamier when you eat it.
- Top it off with sprinkles, strawberries and white chocolate shavings.
Can be made a day ahead and just make sure to take out of the fridge 30 minutes before serving.
Store in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap for up to five days.
Keywords: birthday cake white chocolate mousse
This birthday cake white chocolate mousse post is sponsored by Lily’s Sweets and contains affiliate links. All thoughts are my own.