This simple to make healthy berry breakfast baked crumble is a morning treat. The filling is full of juicy blueberries and blackberries topped with a crisp crumble that includes gluten free oats, almond flour, collagen powder and coconut oil making this a nutrient dense meal.
I have been adding this berry-baked crumble to my weekly breakfast rotation and it’s packed with complex carbohydrates, fiber, protein and healthy fats keeping me full for hours. There’s something about this warm berry crumble during the winter months that satisfies my tastebuds with its sweet-tart flavor and crumbly texture. I also like to add a dollop of plain Greek yogurt on top to boost the protein. Hits the spot every time.
If you prefer savory for breakfast then I suggest making this berry-baked crumble for a dessert treat. Don’t forget to add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top while you’re at it. You’re welcome.
Ingredients Needed for Berry Baked Crumble
When it comes to fresh or frozen berries either one will work for this recipe. I used frozen and there is no difference in taste or texture and not to mention frozen berries are less expensive.
A few variations were noted and also optional ingredients to add to this berry-baked crumble dish.
What you need for the Filling:
- fresh or frozen blackberries
- fresh or frozen blueberries
- lemon juice or water
- maple syrup or honey
- vanilla extract
- tapioca starch (this is optional, corn starch or flour can also be used to sightly thicken the filling)
What you need for the Crumble:
- gluten free oats
- almond flour
- coconut sugar (or any sweetener of choice)
- coconut oil (feel free to swap out with butter)
- unflavored collagen powder (this is optional and was added to boost the protein)
How to Make the Berry Baked Crumble
This is one super friendly breakfast that can be made ahead of time and eaten throughout the week. For all my meal planners this one is for you and can easily be made on Sunday to enjoy for the week.
Mix all the filling ingredients together and pour over berries. Gently stir to evenly coat the berries. Add mixture to an 8×8 baking dish.
Next, you’ll want to add the dry ingredients for the crumble into a bowl. Stir in the melted coconut oil and blended well. The mixture will be crumbly and coarse.
Pour crumble mixture over berries and spread evenly.
Bake at 375 F for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for about five minutes and serve. Plain Greek yogurt pairs well when having for breakfast or scoop of vanilla ice cream if you’re serving for dessert.
Make Berry Baked Crumble in Advance
You can prep and bake this berry bake crumble and freeze it for up to three months. When you decide to make it, thaw the berry crumble overnight in the refrigerator, then warm in the oven at 350°F for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Consider trying out one of these popular breakfast recipes:Print
Berry Baked Breakfast Crumble
Juicy blueberries and blackberries baked breakfast topped with a gluten free oats, almond flour and collagen powder crumble. Nutrient dense with complex carbohydrates, fiber, protein and healthy fats making this a breakfast treat or a guilt free dessert.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
For the Crumble
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
For the Filling:
- 3 cups fresh berries (or 10 oz. bag frozen blueberries)
- 2–3 cups fresh blackberries (or 10 oz. bag frozen blackberries)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp unflavored collagen powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- Preheat oven to 375 f and spray an 8×8 pan with oil of choice or butter. Set to the side.
For the Filling:
- Combine vanilla extract, maple syrup, lemon juice and tapioca starch in a medium size bowl. Add berries and mix well to evenly coat the berries.
- Pour berry mixture into the prepared baking dish.
For the Topping:
- Combine oats, almond flour, collagen powder, cinnamon, coconut sugar and salt in a medium size bowl. Stir in melted coconut oil and mix well. Mixture will be crumbly and coarse.
- Pop into the over and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for five minutes.
- Serve with plain Greek yogurt or even a scoop of ice cream if you’re having for dessert.
Keywords: healthy berry baked crumble