Check out this chocolatey fresh mint smoothie made with cacao powder. This is a perfect snack to curb the sweet craving without the refined sugars and packed with vital nutrients.
Note… the star ingredient is “CACAO” powder not cocoa powder.
Cacao is the tree but what is made from it is the cocoa.
Benefits of this Superfood Cacao Powder
- Stronger antioxidant than regular dark chocolate.
- Highest plant-based source of iron.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Boosts mood.
- Improves cholesterol, stress levels, and inflammation.
Other Star Ingredients with vital nutrients:
- Collagen for a dose of protein.
- Almond milk full of calcium.
- Super seed flax and chia combo that are high in fiber.
- Brain octane oil (coconut oil) for a healthy fat and fuel for the brain.
- Banana for a good source of vitamin c and potassium.
- Fresh mint full of iron, manganese and vitamin A plus another antioxidant.
In case you’re wondering what brands are used for this smoothie see below. I do rotate from time to time to try out other brands but these are typically my go-to with the exception of the collagen. My preferred brand is Vital Proteins but recently picked up the Bulletproof collagen to give it a try. So far I’m impressed, very clean and no funny taste.
If you’re not a fan of coconut oil/brain octane oil you can always substitute with 1/4 avocado or 1 tablespoon of almond butter. Both are great sources of healthy fats.
Perfect amount of mint for one serving.
[amazon_link asins=’B00K6JUG4K,B001ELL9GI,B00CEOOZK6,B01MUD9A0E,B008P0BKG0,B01NCR82N2′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’us-1′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’7a6072ce-180e-11e8-91f4-fb258ab925e0′]