Today’s lunch includes this Spicy Lemon Tahini Pasta. It’s made with a few simple ingredients and is also dairy free, gluten free… just the good stuff. Action packed with healthy fats, protein & carbs/fiber!!
What are you having for lunch today?Print
Spicy Lemon Tahini Pasta
- 16oz package of penne pasta-chickpea or lentil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1–2 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 cups arugula or spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon (juiced and zest)
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp salt
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions. When pasta is done, drain and set to the side, reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute, be careful to not to let it burn.
- Add arugula, red chili flakes, salt and stir for 1-2 minutes to cook down arugula.
- Add tomatoes, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl blend tahini, lemon juice, zest and reserved water from pasta, dash salt and pepper. Blend well.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan with the veggies and garlic, next add the lemon tahini sauce to the pan stirring to coat everything well.
If you’re not a fan of tahini you can sub out for 1/2 cup or more of parmesan cheese.