- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups bone broth (chicken, no salt)
- 7 cubs or 15oz kale leaves, stems removed, washed and chopped
- 2 cans 28oz each fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 2 cans 16oz each cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Saute for 12 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add minced garlic and cook, stirring for about 2-3 minutes. You may need to lower the heat to not burn the garlic.
- Add two cups of bone broth.
- Stir and cover for 10 minutes at medium heat. This will allow for the flavors to mingle. If the broth begins to boil turn heat down to low medium for a slight boil.
- Next add the kale over the mixture but do not mix in with the broth.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of salt over the kale.
- Add both cans of the fire roasted tomatoes and spread evenly to cover the kale.
- Cover with lid, turn heat to low and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining broth and cannellini beans.
- Taste and add a pinch more salt and pepper to your liking.
- Cover with lid and simmer for another 30 minutes. The longer the soup simmers the better the flavor, like most soups and stews, the flavor is always better the next day.
- Serve with crackers or country bread.
Suggested Toppings: Grated parmesan cheese crumbled bacon
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes