Are you always on the the hunt for a healthy breakfast option?? Are you tired of the smoothie juice blends and would prefer something warm during the winter months?? Do you want something that is quick and easy and can be taken on the go??
If you answered “yes” to any of the three then I got you covered… these savory healthy “On the Go” frittata muffins are a perfect choice.
One frittata muffin is veggie packed with onions, mushrooms, spinach and cauliflower rice, but also with a good amount of protein from the egg and cheese.
Plus a very special guest ingredient was also added to the mix… Turmeric.
Here are a few benefits of this powerful herb: Turmeric
- Aids in digestion
- Provides inflammation relief
- Improves liver function
- Relieves pain
- Known to regulate cholesterol
Lets get started!!
Start with cooking the veggies (onion, mushrooms and cauliflower rice) on medium heat for about five to seven minutes.
Add spinach and cook for a minute or two to soften. Remove from heat.
In a separate bowl whisk eggs, salt, pepper and turmeric. Set to the side.
Next add a spoonful of the veggie mix into a 12 standard muffin pan, distribute evenly. You can easily coat the muffin pan with cooking spray, I prefer muffin liners to make it that much more easier to clean.
Add a dollop of whatever choice of cheese you prefer per muffin. I used this vegan mozzarella that is cashew based. Super tasty if you prefer a nut cheese.
Next pour the egg batter and evenly distribute into each muffin tin.
Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until center is set.
Remove from heat and cool for five minutes. Sprinkle some pepper and serve warm.
Two to three per serving is a good amount for either breakfast or a snack.
Another win for this breakfast option is that you can easily make a head a time. Keeps fresh in the fridge for up to a week.
Healthy “On the Go” Frittata Muffin
- Total Time: 35 minutes
These perfect on the go egg frittata muffins are a great breakfast option during the winter months. Savory, warm and filling that will keep you full until lunch.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- dash of salt and pepper
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 12 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3–4 oz soft cheese (mozzarella or nut cheese)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 12 standard muffin pan with liner or coat with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion, mushrooms and cauliflower rice until softened, about 5 to 7 minutes. Season with a dash of salt and pepper
- Add spinach and cook down for one to two minutes to soften. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, turmeric, salt and pepper. Set to the side.
- Add a spoonful of the onion spinach mixture into each muffin cup.
- Top with a dollop of cheese on top.
- Pour the egg batter and evenly distribute into each muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and cool for five minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Two to three muffins per serving.
- Can be wrapped in an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- Heat on high for 30 seconds in microwave to reheat.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
[amazon_link asins=’B008KE7JLG,B000WR4LMY,B01KWTGAVQ’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’us-1′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’f96c035e-15fb-11e8-baa8-17053e35eaa8′]