Do you like artichokes? It’s usually a hit or miss but artichokes are actually a powerful food and should be considered more often.
Definitely an underrated Superfood but I get it, can be intimidating to cook but I promise you its pretty simple, but before I show you lets chat nutrition benefits.
One medium artichoke contains 7g fiber and 4g plant protein plus full of nutrients including Vitamin C, A, iron, potassium and antioxidants. They are a great source of a prebiotic containing inulin meaning they feed the good bacteria in our gut aka digestion system.
With that being said I hope you find yourself perusing the produce aisle searching for these now that you know the health benefits. And you’re in luck, their peak season is March through June.Print
Easy Roasted Artichoke
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Diet: Gluten Free
Easy roasted artichokes can either be served as an appetizer with a tasty creamy dipping sauce or as a side dish with your favorite steak.
- 2 medium artichoke, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning, dried
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven 400F degree.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With a knife trim off the stem and 1/2″ top of the artichoke globe, the leaves.
- Cut artichoke in half down the middle
- Scoop out the choke, fuzzy part in the middle and discard.
- Brush olive oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Place on sheet cut side up.
- Fill the inside of the artichoke with garlic and herbs, add lemon juice on top.
- Roast for 30- 40 minutes until nicely browned. The leaves should pull easily and the meat tender.
- Serve as a side dish with lemon and any tasty dip of choice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted artichoke