I don’t know about you but breakfast is my absolute favorite meal!! The options are endless and it’s so much fun to get creative. I never run out of ideas whether it’s a nutrient dense smoothie, scrambled eggs & veggies, protein packed waffles & pancakes, chia pudding or like this big bowl of chocolate cherry breakfast oats. And guess what… there’s egg whites mixed in, a sneaky way to add in extra protein.
This breakfast oats bowl is jammed packed with carbohydrates, fiber, healthy fats & protein.
Chocolate Cherry Oats
- Total Time: 14 minutes
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 2–3 egg whites
- 1.5 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp sweetener of choice (honey, maple syrup, monk fruit)
- 2 tsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup cherries
- cacao nips
- almond milk
- Make oatmeal according to package.
- After water is absorbed stir in eggs and continue to stir until cooked, well combined and fluffy.
- Next add sweetener, cacao powder, nibs, flax seed, almond milk, cinnamon and blend well.
- Add in cherries at the end and place in a serving bowl
- Top it off with cacao nibs, splash almond milk and more cherries.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 minutes