Happy Thursday! I mentioned this little energy boost of a smoothie “Blackberry Crush” on Instagram recently, and figured I would give it it’s own blog post too. If you love the recipe you can now print a copy and keep it on hand at all times.
Blackberry Crush is the perfect smoothie to start the day off right for breakfast or a midday snack.
- Healthy fats from the almond butter and flax seeds.
- Good amount of fiber from the flax seeds.
- Blackberries are low in sugar so it will not wreak havoc on your blood sugar level.
- Good amount of essential amino acids from the collagen.
Blackberry Crush Smoothie
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed or chia seeds
- 1.5 tbsp almond butter any nut butter will do
- 1 scoop unflavored collagen powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Pour into glass and serve.
- Top it off with coconut flakes, cacao nibs and slivered almonds.
[amazon_link asins=’B00NLR1PX0,B00DOKFLYI,B06ZY4TKJ3,B000OQ4A3S,B00VS6LBTY,B00EYO8XAW’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’us-1′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’cbd96a7f-127f-11e8-a6b4-5bbaf0149a60′]